Drug Court Monitoring and Testing
The first drug court was established in 1989 in Florida. Drug courts were initiated as an alternative way to help stop alcohol and drug abuse. The court provided opportunities to minimize or avoid jail time pertaining to offenses related to drugs. Drug courts have the ability to offer the offenders the opportunity to participate in a program for alcohol or drug treatment in exchange for a reduced sentence or the charges being dismissed.
When an offender with a drug offense enters the criminal courts, they are evaluated by drug treatment providers, judges, probation officers, social workers and attorneys. Together, they determine if the individual is eligible for diversion. If so, the parties work as a team to promote a sober lifestyle and rehabilitation. The keys for the offenders are engagement and accountability. Their program adherence and progress are determined with the use of alcohol and drug test results.
ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area team members have been trained in the procedures of drug courts. They are a partner in the promotion of positive outcomes for individuals who otherwise may be incarcerated without the opportunity for rehabilitation.
ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area Has Worked With The Drug Courts For More Than 20 Years
ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area is trusted in the collection of specimens for drug courts all over the nation. Our first relationship with the drug courts was in the Circuit Court of Greenville in South Carolina, and our 20th anniversary is on the horizon. We understand the best testing practices and requirements for the courts’ drug programs and conduct collections for the following:
* Tribal Healing to Wellness Court
* Federal Drug Court
* Family Drug Court
* DUI Court
* Veterans Treatment Court
* Juvenile or Adult Drug Court
ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area has depth of training and vast experience, making us the perfect partner regarding your local drug court requirements.
Testing Types Most Commonly Ordered By The Courts
* Environmental Testing- Identifies contamination of drug residue left behind when illegal drugs or methamphetamine manufacturing has taken place.
* Hair Drug Testing- Provides a record of substance abuse for ninety days.
* EtG/EtS Urine Alcohol Testing- Etg/EtS testing for urine alcohol extends the period of time for determining if an individual has been drinking long after any alcohol was metabolized.
* DNA Tests- These legal paternity tests determine paternity or maternity for any child involved in a family or child custody dispute.
* Saliva Testing and Urine Screening- These both show a recent window of alcohol or drug use.
* Sweat Patch- This is usually a court ordered test for 24/7 monitoring.
* Fingernail- For substance abuse testing, fingernail tests have the lengthiest term results.
Receive More Information About Our Testing Services
Contact ARCpoint Lab of Tampa Metro Area for court ordered information regarding drug testing.