According to the American Diabetes Association:
- 25.8 million children and adults in the United States—8.3% of the population—have diabetes.
- 18.8 million people are diagnosed with diabetes.
- 7.0 million people are undiagnosed with diabetes.
- 79 million people have pre-diabetes.
- 1.9 million new cases of diabetes were diagnosed in people aged 20 years and older in 2010.
If you have diabetes, ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area offers tests to help you maintain your health and keep tabs on your levels. If you suspect you have diabetes, we have tests that can determine if you are pre-diabetic or diabetic. The most common test runs for diabetes detection and blood sugar maintenance are:
- Hemoglobin A1c
- Fasting Glucose
The International Health Services Division of Diabetes Treatment recommends the following tests be performed at the intervals listed for the management of diabetes:
- A1c – Every 3-6 months
- Lipid panel – Yearly
- Hepatic (Liver) Panel – Yearly
- Kidney Panel including Creatinine, eGFR and AUCR – (Urine albumin to Creatinine ratio) – Yearly
Other tests may provide important additional information since diabetes has a wide ranging impact. Information can be gained from testing for:
- C-Reactive Protein CRP
- Estradiol E2
- Testosterone Total & Free (low testosterone can be an indicator for persons with Type 2 diabetes)
- 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D