As the most common bacterial STD in America, about three million people are impacted by it in the U.S every year. Because most people don’t show symptoms, the CDC suggests annual testing for those at risk, particularly sexually active females under 25. While chlamydia is curable, it can lead to infertility and ectopic pregnancy if left untreated.
Here are few facts about chlamydia:
- Chlamydia is the most common bacterial STD . One in 15 girls aged 14 to 19 has chlamydia.
- The bacteria, chlamydia trachomatis, may be treated and cured with antibiotics.
- The STD can spread via vaginal, anal or oral sex.
- Untreated chlamydia can cause Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID)
- Chlamydia can impact pregnancy through pre-term labor or transmission to the baby during delivery, causing eye infections and pneumonia at birth.
Read more facts about Chlamydia from the CDC.
Learn More About Our Testing Services
ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area can run an STD test for Chlamydia with a simple urine test. Contact ARCpoint Labs of Tampa Metro Area today. Don’t wait and wonder. Your health depends on it.